Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Command+tilde not working in full screen mode.

Does anyone know if Apple programmers have any intention of making the Command + Tilde functional in full-screen mode? It was already annoying enough that I couldn't simply use Command+Tab to switch between windows of the same program, but I got used to it. Not sure why Apple would remove the Command + Tilde feature from full screen mode when so many Apple users prefer shortcut keys.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 6:43 PM

What were you expecting it to do?

⌘ ~ generally cycles among open windows of the same app. An app in "full screen mode" is one window. I can find no analogous function when there is only one window to work with.

Apps in Full Screen Mode typically use multiple tabs in lieu of multiple windows. The key chord to cycle among tabs is typically ^ ⇥ to select the tab to the right and ⇧ ^ ⇥ to select the tab to the left. It seems even more intuitive than using the tilde character.

You can also navigate among multiple instances of the same app in different full screen Spaces using ^→ and ^← as usual.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 6:43 PM in response to wiljosew

What were you expecting it to do?

⌘ ~ generally cycles among open windows of the same app. An app in "full screen mode" is one window. I can find no analogous function when there is only one window to work with.

Apps in Full Screen Mode typically use multiple tabs in lieu of multiple windows. The key chord to cycle among tabs is typically ^ ⇥ to select the tab to the right and ⇧ ^ ⇥ to select the tab to the left. It seems even more intuitive than using the tilde character.

You can also navigate among multiple instances of the same app in different full screen Spaces using ^→ and ^← as usual.

Command+tilde not working in full screen mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.