Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two full-screen windows of the same app; any way to switch between those two windows (similar to the way command-` works in non-full-screen apps) using only the keyboard?

If I have two full-screen windows of the same app, is there any way to switch between those two windows (similar to the way ⌘-` works in non-full-screen apps) using only the keyboard?

I know you can switch between spaces using control with the left & right arrow keys, but what I'm after is a way to toggle between windows of the same application, not between spaces. Essentially, looking for the ⌘-` behavior with full-screen windows as well.

Things that don't work:

• Four-finger swiping with mission control (toggles spaces, not windows of the same app)
  • System Preferences -> Mission Control -> When switching to an application, switch to space (doesn't allow toggling between two full-screen windows of the same app)
  • Anything that toggles between spaces rather than full-screen windows of the same app

Third-party solutions would be ok too.

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 2:07 AM

Or control-left arrow/control-right arrow if you are more of a keyboard person.

In addition you can use Mission Control to reorganize Spaces if necessary to make the two next to each other.

Similar questions

2 replies

Two full-screen windows of the same app; any way to switch between those two windows (similar to the way command-` works in non-full-screen apps) using only the keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.