Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to Buy notification not popping up on my iPhone

I have an iPhone and an iPad that mirrors my iPhone, when I setup ask to buy for my daughter the request notification only goes to the iPad and not my iPhone…any ideas how to get the notification to go to the iPhone instead of the iPad?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 8:18 PM

ZSpikes68 Said:

"Ask to Buy notification not popping up on my iPhone: [...]But when she downloads an app the request only goes to my iPad."

-------

Use Siri on your iPhone Only:

Is your iPad at hand? If so, disable Siri on it, and then keep it enabled on this device.

8 replies

Nov 12, 2022 6:45 PM in response to ZSpikes68

ZSpikes68 Said:

"Ask to Buy notification not popping up on my iPhone: I have an iPhone and an iPad that mirrors my iPhone, when I setup ask to buy for my daughter the request notification only goes to the iPad and not my iPhone…any ideas how to get the notification to go to the iPhone instead of the iPad?"

-------

Go Here: If Ask to Buy isn't Working - Apple Support

Nov 13, 2022 11:05 AM in response to ZSpikes68

ZSpikes68 Said:

"Ask to Buy notification not popping up on my iPhone: So disabling Siri on the iPad worked!…that’s a weird connection, not sure what Siri has to do with children’s app requests…thanks for the help!"

-------

Why the Fix?:

If mirrored, the iPad is the mother of these two devices. And, with that being said, it goes to the iPad. Disable Siri, and it will go to your other other device (your iPhone) for the prompt.

Ask to Buy notification not popping up on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.