Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store

I want to update my app but it won’t let it say billing problem and I put my password my knife over and over again I need help

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 12:43 AM

If you want to make purchases or update apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

• If you want to change your card, add first the new card, then remove the old one.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

and I put my password my knife over and over again

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID & Password.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

What happens when you use the same Apple ID & Password that you use to sign in here?

Have you forgotten your password? -> See this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID password

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Click here for more support and assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2022 12:43 AM in response to Arroz24

If you want to make purchases or update apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

• If you want to change your card, add first the new card, then remove the old one.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

and I put my password my knife over and over again

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID & Password.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

What happens when you use the same Apple ID & Password that you use to sign in here?

Have you forgotten your password? -> See this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID password

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Click here for more support and assistance.

App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.