“There was a billing problem with a previous purchase”… but it won’t let me do anything.

My iPad App Store recently started saying this, I can’t update anything. If I try putting in my password or iPad passcode into the notification to see my billing info, it says both are incorrect, even though I can literally use those passwords to sign into everything still. They are correct. I tried updating payment information, still there. Completely Re-signed into my iPads Apple ID altogether, still there. Please help, I just want to update my apps and use my iPad again.

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 1:11 AM

Start here:

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

If you are unable to resolve the problem yourself, you will need assistance from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page - or via this link:

Official Apple Support

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your Apple devices, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 1:11 AM in response to Vertigor3

Start here:

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

If you are unable to resolve the problem yourself, you will need assistance from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page - or via this link:

Official Apple Support

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your Apple devices, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

“There was a billing problem with a previous purchase”… but it won’t let me do anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.