Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura-compatible printer that does NOT need internet access to print

Hi everyone,

I am looking for an easy to use printer for my senior citizen mother-in-law.

Requirements:

-The printer MUST not need access to the internet to print.

-Must be compatible with Mac OS Ventura.

Can anyone recommend a brand and model number for a printer that meets the above requirements? Only need to print in black-and-white, not color.

Thanks!

iMac

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 9:39 AM

It’s rare for a printer to require internet connectivity, other than for firmware updates, or for those printers that are both enabled for and then configured for supply re-order.

Very few printers from any vendor can or will require an in-bound (remote to local) connection, and any firewall would typically block that access by default.

There are lots of choices, even within what you have specified.

Which Printer Should I Buy? - Apple Community

You will want AirPrint support. Other considerations here can include cost of and ease of swapping consumables, and duplex printing and other features. You’ll have to sift through those options yourself.

Brother has various low-end lasers in the range you are looking for, and you will want AirPrint support. I haven’t met a Brother printer that requires connectivity save for updates, or the optionally-enabled supplies features. They have a chooser on the website.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2022 9:39 AM in response to chuckearling

It’s rare for a printer to require internet connectivity, other than for firmware updates, or for those printers that are both enabled for and then configured for supply re-order.

Very few printers from any vendor can or will require an in-bound (remote to local) connection, and any firewall would typically block that access by default.

There are lots of choices, even within what you have specified.

Which Printer Should I Buy? - Apple Community

You will want AirPrint support. Other considerations here can include cost of and ease of swapping consumables, and duplex printing and other features. You’ll have to sift through those options yourself.

Brother has various low-end lasers in the range you are looking for, and you will want AirPrint support. I haven’t met a Brother printer that requires connectivity save for updates, or the optionally-enabled supplies features. They have a chooser on the website.

Ventura-compatible printer that does NOT need internet access to print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.