Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One of my gmail accounts won't show in my mail app

I can't get one of my Google email accounts to show in my iOS mail app on my MacBook Air. I have had 4 Gmail accounts showing before and I have deleted 2 of them (no longer in use, they were in association with previous jobs). So now I should have 3. But the latest one I added (and yes, I went through all the signing in through the little window that pops up through Google on the web, and it shows up in the Mac settings as an email that is one of the ones that should be in my email app), doesn't show up in my Mail app. I have to open the gmail app on the web which is annoying. If it shows up in my mail settings as being added, why is it not showing in my mail app? I was able to get it to add on my iPhone without an issue.

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 10:10 AM

6 replies

Nov 13, 2022 11:44 AM in response to rugbymurf

iOS doesn't run on MacBook Airs, only Mac OS and Windows does, although iOS Apps can run on Mx processor Macs.

As for Gmail not loading, are you matching the IMAP or POP settings as indicated on your Gmail account settings on the web browser? Don't try to prepopulate with the Gmail preset account types in Mac OS, as those settings aren't necessarily up to date. IMAP stores on Google and shares the same mailboxes across multiple devices. POP downloads only to the device that checks with POP.

Nov 13, 2022 7:11 PM in response to a brody

Sorry, not iOS, the MAC operating system. I am not a techie, just a pretty low level user obviously. I went through the prompts in the “settings” to add a Google account as I did with all my others. The account shows as added in my settings. It’s in the list in the mail settings window. It just doesn’t show in the mail app itself. So it seems to have been added successfully, because when I go to add it, it says that it’s already there (in settings)

jill

Nov 14, 2022 6:47 PM in response to rugbymurf

But are the messages coming in from Google?

I thought you said you aren't getting the messages.

Mail typically has separate inboxes it shows in the left sidebar by accounts under the main inbox, stating which inbox you are looking at. And then "All inboxes" covering all the accounts. Make sure you are looking at the inbox from Google.

Nov 14, 2022 9:16 PM in response to rugbymurf

They are on my iPhone. But that particular Google account won't show in the side bar of my Mail App on my Mac so I can't see the messages without going into my web browser and opening up Gmail on the web. And the Gmail account is showing in my settings (on my Mac) as having been successfully added. I have tried going through the same steps to "re-add" the account but in settings it tells me that it already exists. But I can't see it's inbox on that sidebar where the inboxes for the other accounts are.

I am looking at all the inboxes, I have two other gmail inboxes. They are showing up fine. So is my iCloud inbox, and so is my yahoo inbox. This one just stubbornly refuses to appear even though the settings shows it in that list. It's perplexing.

Jill

Nov 14, 2022 9:27 PM in response to rugbymurf

Okay, found something interesting.... I found a folder down in one of my other email accounts (one of the other gmails) labeled by the email address of the new work account (which is a gmail based address). The folder is empty, so nothing is coming through obviously. But why did it somehow become a folder inside one of my other email accounts instead of an actual inbox of it's own? I guess I need to remove it and try again.

One of my gmail accounts won't show in my mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.