Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Gmail accounts in Mail?

Can you use more than one Gmail account in the Mail feature? When I go to system -> Internet Accounts -> Google, it just spins trying to open a new browser. I am not sure if this is an internet issue or a system issue...? It doesn't appear to be an internet issue since I am able to post this question.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 8:44 AM

Hello aleahfrancesca,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with adding more than one Gmail account on your Mac. You can add multiple Gmail accounts in the Mail app on Mac. Does quitting the Mail app and trying again resolve the issue? This link shows how: Quit apps on Mac - Apple Support

• "To quit an app, choose App Name > Quit App in the menu bar. For example, choose Preview > Quit Preview (or press the keyboard shortcut Command-Q).

Keep in mind that if you click the Close button  in the top-left corner of an app’s window, the window closes, but the app remains open (a small dot below the app’s icon in the Dock indicates that the app’s open)."

If not, does restarting your Mac resolve the issue? Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 8:44 AM in response to aleahfrancesca

Hello aleahfrancesca,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with adding more than one Gmail account on your Mac. You can add multiple Gmail accounts in the Mail app on Mac. Does quitting the Mail app and trying again resolve the issue? This link shows how: Quit apps on Mac - Apple Support

• "To quit an app, choose App Name > Quit App in the menu bar. For example, choose Preview > Quit Preview (or press the keyboard shortcut Command-Q).

Keep in mind that if you click the Close button  in the top-left corner of an app’s window, the window closes, but the app remains open (a small dot below the app’s icon in the Dock indicates that the app’s open)."

If not, does restarting your Mac resolve the issue? Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Sep 25, 2022 9:36 AM in response to aleahfrancesca

I think you are confused. Yes you can have multiple accounts. Mail and other email apps allow you to set up multiple accounts (within the app) which may be with one email provider or several different email providers. It is a different matter to initially set up an account with an email service provider such as Google, Comcast, Earthlink, etc. An email service provider may be contacted to receive emails (after an account is set up) either with a browser (connected via the internet) which provides direct access to the email provider's server, or it is more generally accessed by the email app such as Mail or Thunderbird. Once the Mail app has its account set up it can then access the email server and request a download of saved emails which are held on the server. Both methods use the internet to connect to the email server. I think you need to learn a bit more about how these things work so you can understand how each method works. Have you yet set up (1) your Google email service on their web site, and (2) your email account(s) in the Mail app?

Multiple Gmail accounts in Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.