Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart HDR cannot be turned off on iPhone 13.

When I went to the camera settings to turn off Smart HDR, I realized that there was no such setting. This is really annoying and I want this setting to come back. Image processing applied in captured photos failed. I experimented with the iPhone 11 to see if there was a difference, and when I turned on Smart HDR, image processing came into play in the photo taken, increased the sharpness of the image and the color accuracy was wrong; when I turned off the setting, recorded as the image looks. In short, although Apple thinks it works properly, image processing or HDR, I don't know exactly what the problem is, but the Smart HDR setting for the iPhone 13 should come back. No one has been interested in this for more than 1 year and I couldn't figure out how to solve it. This is sad.

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 11:24 AM

Hello aydinyalcin,

That is expected on an iPhone 13 model. Starting with iPhone 12 models, there was no longer an option in the camera settings for HDR.

By default, iPhone takes photos in HDR (for the rear camera and the front camera) when it’s most effective. iPhone 12 models, iPhone 13 models, and iPhone 14 models, record video in HDR to capture true-to-life color and contrast.

Adjust HDR camera settings on iPhone

If you'd like to see Apple add an HDR option in the camera settings on these models, you can make that suggestion to them through their feedback website: Product Feedback

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2022 11:24 AM in response to aydinyalcin

Hello aydinyalcin,

That is expected on an iPhone 13 model. Starting with iPhone 12 models, there was no longer an option in the camera settings for HDR.

By default, iPhone takes photos in HDR (for the rear camera and the front camera) when it’s most effective. iPhone 12 models, iPhone 13 models, and iPhone 14 models, record video in HDR to capture true-to-life color and contrast.

Adjust HDR camera settings on iPhone

If you'd like to see Apple add an HDR option in the camera settings on these models, you can make that suggestion to them through their feedback website: Product Feedback

Cheers!

Smart HDR cannot be turned off on iPhone 13.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.