You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update problems

When I try to update my iPhone Se 2020 to IOS 15.7.1 it loads for a bit and then says unable to update. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

-I have cleared out my storage

-My phone is connected to power and stable wifi

-My phone was at 74% battery when I tried to update

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 8:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 9:00 PM

Restart your iPhone and make sure you have enough storage to install the update.

If this doesn’t work, then go into Settings > General > iPhone Storage > iOS 15.7.1 and delete the update, then go back and re-install the update.

Make sure you aren’t using any VPNs, proxies or have a beta profile installed.

If all of the above doesn’t work, you will need to update using a computer.

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2022 9:00 PM in response to Glars

Restart your iPhone and make sure you have enough storage to install the update.

If this doesn’t work, then go into Settings > General > iPhone Storage > iOS 15.7.1 and delete the update, then go back and re-install the update.

Make sure you aren’t using any VPNs, proxies or have a beta profile installed.

If all of the above doesn’t work, you will need to update using a computer.

Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

Update problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.