Software Update Fail 16.7.1 (phone has enough storage)

My iPhone will not update to the 16.7.1. I have restarted my phone and cleared space so there’s enough storage. I am connected to WiFi. I cannot update my phone through the computer. PLEASE HELP I have included screenshots of the process that keeps repeating.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 6:46 AM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2023 9:22 AM in response to jolson3

Hi jolson3,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! If you're unable to update over Wi-Fi, the steps below can help:

If your iPhone or iPad won't update

Try updating your device again using the same network. If you still see one of these messages, try updating your device using another network or update your device with your computer:
Update your device using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later

Update your device using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or a Windows PC

If the issue happens again after trying to update with multiple networks, remove the update.
If the update doesn't complete
If you're installing the update, the progress bar might appear to move slowly. The time an update takes depends on the size of the update and the number of files on your device.
When you're updating over the air, keep your device connected to a power source. If your device runs out of power, connect it to a power source and turn on the device to let the update or restore complete.
Learn what to do if your iPhone or iPad appears frozen or won't start.
Remove and download the update again
If you still can't install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, try downloading the update again:
1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
2. Find the update in the list of apps.
3. Tap the update, then tap Delete Update.
4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest update.
If you don't see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with your computer:
Update your device using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later

Update your device using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or a Windows PC

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Oct 15, 2023 12:02 PM in response to Lissy_12

I downloaded 16.7.1 weeks ago but my iPhone Xs reverted back to 16.7 on it own again!

Now I’m having the Same issues above again with 4.3GB available.

The below instructions are not an option on iPhone XS

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.2. Find the update in the list of apps.
3. Tap the update, then tap Delete Update.

still issues of not being able to download update. And just with every updates you all have made connectivity issues to apps if not running on the current update version.

Software Update Fail 16.7.1 (phone has enough storage)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.