Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook not responding

I have a late 2015 running version 12.6. It has been becoming erratically unresponsive. I use Chrome and have re installed but problem persists also on other browser. The cursor will not open links, the entire system will freeze. It is up to date. I have attached an etrecheck scan. Thanks

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 5:29 AM

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Other processes 225.03 % (?)

Those "other" processes are an obvious contributing factor that Activity Monitor will readily identify. We can address that later. First please confirm whether your Mac works more or less normally in "Safe Mode". Use it for a few minutes; long enough to draw a conclusion. Then restart your Mac normally (not "Safe Mode") and determine if the same problems return. Write back with your observations for some additional troubleshooting.

Last backup: 2022-01-21 15:34:04

Is there a reason you stopped using Time Machine? You really ought to create a more recent backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2022 5:29 AM in response to dogsnack

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Other processes 225.03 % (?)

Those "other" processes are an obvious contributing factor that Activity Monitor will readily identify. We can address that later. First please confirm whether your Mac works more or less normally in "Safe Mode". Use it for a few minutes; long enough to draw a conclusion. Then restart your Mac normally (not "Safe Mode") and determine if the same problems return. Write back with your observations for some additional troubleshooting.

Last backup: 2022-01-21 15:34:04

Is there a reason you stopped using Time Machine? You really ought to create a more recent backup.

MacBook not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.