Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change media kind in Music

I can't change media kind in Music. I am running Monterey 12.6.1. I have audiobooks that got set as music, and I want to change them back to audiobooks. I also tried dragging them from Music to Books, but it did not work.

Any ideas?

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 12:46 PM

Music and Books are not integrated in the way that iTunes was. You should be able to drag audiobook files from Finder into the books app. You may wish to prepare metadata in Music before you do so as Books doesn't provide mechanisms for changing things. See Organizing audiobook chapters - Apple Community for advice on working with multi-file books.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2022 12:46 PM in response to nealdf

Music and Books are not integrated in the way that iTunes was. You should be able to drag audiobook files from Finder into the books app. You may wish to prepare metadata in Music before you do so as Books doesn't provide mechanisms for changing things. See Organizing audiobook chapters - Apple Community for advice on working with multi-file books.

tt2

Can't change media kind in Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.