Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media Kind is only Music now? So audiobooks shuffle with music now.

My audiobook files are all classified as Media Kind: Music now and I can't change them to Audiobook (even though they are still labeled as Audiobook under Genre). So, when I shuffle my library, all my audiobook tracks are included in the shuffle. Why was this changed and how can I fix it so only my music (song) tracks play when shuffling?

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:49 AM

Hi,

Read this See your books and audiobooks on all your devices with Books on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Also see this post https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251523799

I suggest that you keep the original files as backup.

Jim

3 replies

Nov 23, 2021 1:26 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks Jim. I'm importing all the Audiobooks from my Music Media folder into Books now. I have my Music Media folder on an external HD and can't find where the Books app is importing the files to, but hoping they are all staying on the external HD. Once the import is done, is it safe to delete the files from the Music library? Or does the Music Library serve the Books app too?

Media Kind is only Music now? So audiobooks shuffle with music now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.