Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recipient unable to open attachments

I have a 9th generation ipad and have recently created a doc page on Pages which I’ve since tried to send as an attachment to an email. The attachment sends but the recipient says is unable to open it - says corrupted files!! I’ve since saved the Pages doc in PDF and Word and tried sending it that way but both keep saying Pages in the attachment and won’t send as a PDF or a Word doc. This is so frustrating. Or should I just send the attachment through Pages? I also tried sending a saved PDF document but again, the recipient was unable to open the attachment. No probs with my old iPad so why with this new one?

can anyone offer any advice or is it something in settings I need to change?

J

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 12:40 PM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2022 12:52 PM in response to Mi5hka2004

Apple has made some myopic changes to Pages v12.2 on macOS Ventura, iOS 16, and iPadOS 16 that interfere with the traditional Send a Copy from Pages. Now, when you choose Send a Copy > Mail, it by-passes the document format selection panel and just attaches a Pages document to the Mail item.

Instead, when click ⋯⃝ and choose Export > Word (or PDF) that choice will float up the Send a Copy panel again, where you select Mail and the PDF, or Word .docx is then automatically attached to Mail.

Is the recipient using Apple Mail or something else? If the recipient is using Pages '09 yet, they will not be able to open a current Pages document. Just how a recipient could not open a PDF attachment sounds like user error, or their Mail agent is messed up.

Nov 14, 2022 1:28 PM in response to VikingOSX

Sorry but nothing worked. I clicked on that icon but all the box said was ‘connect to server’ or ‘edit sidebar’?? My doc appears in Word and PDF max but still shows as a Pages doc in attachment to send. I think I’ll be better off printing out a copy and sending it in the post!! Why do Apple have to keep changing things for the worse only to make it more complicated for the user? Why can’t they keep it simple.

Nov 14, 2022 1:40 PM in response to Mi5hka2004

What I described was Pages v12.2 on iOS 16.1.1 and I carefully walked through the steps necessary to attach an open Pages document as a Word document to an email before I documented those steps here. If you just did the Share toolbar item and chose Send a Copy and Mail, it will always attach the current Pages document. You didn't want that.

Recipient unable to open attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.