Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What A4 scanner for images i can use with ipad pro 2022?

What A4 scanner for images i can use with ipad pro 2022? Need to scan images A4 and less format. What scanners i can use with my ipad pro 2022

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 3:20 AM

Many multi-function printers include a flatbed scanner. While your iPad can print to supported printers using AirPrint without additional driver software, other functions (such as the scanner) require the use of a compatible companion App from the printer manufacturer. For iOS and iPadOS devices, a companion App is the only manner by which necessary software drivers can be installed on the device.

As such, you’ll need to find a printer/scanner that has an available companion App for iPad. Perhaps begin your research with suitable printer/scanners from HP, Canon, Epson etc.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2022 3:20 AM in response to Selvig80

Many multi-function printers include a flatbed scanner. While your iPad can print to supported printers using AirPrint without additional driver software, other functions (such as the scanner) require the use of a compatible companion App from the printer manufacturer. For iOS and iPadOS devices, a companion App is the only manner by which necessary software drivers can be installed on the device.

As such, you’ll need to find a printer/scanner that has an available companion App for iPad. Perhaps begin your research with suitable printer/scanners from HP, Canon, Epson etc.

Nov 14, 2022 10:02 PM in response to Selvig80

None.

Unlike full featured laptop/desktop computers, iPads and iPadOS have NO support for optical ( CD/DVD/Blu-ray ) drives, limited support for external data drives, limted supoort for input devices and NO support for external flatbed scanners.

There is no way to install any software drivers and software UI front end, into iOS/iPadOS, to use an external flatbed scanner.

Best you can do is use your iPad's high resolution rear camera to take a picture of what you want to scan and use those images or use an iPhone to take images and then transfer them to your iPad using iOS/iPadOS AirDrop feature.

Sorry.

What A4 scanner for images i can use with ipad pro 2022?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.