Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.PKG installed but still disconnected from network

its a .PKG from unidentified developers for the printer service, during installation I've click 'Open anyway' under the Security & privacy but the software still shown disconnected.

I checked spctl assessment is enabled and I also ran the command "spctl --add <>.APP" but still no good. I'm new to Mac OS, which part am I still missing? something is still blocking it from network.

objc[1359]: Class SPExecutionPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[1359]: Class AppWrapper is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[1359]: Class AppWrapperPolicyResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[1359]: Class AppWrapperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[1359]: Class SPLog is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[1359]: Class MIS is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[1359]: Class SPExecutionHistoryItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[1359]: Class SPExecutionPolicyItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[1359]: Class SPDeveloperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[1359]: Class GKScanResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 6:50 PM

Thanks. I understand you selected Allow apps dowloaded from > Identified Developers in Security & Privacy and generally complied with all the steps described in Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support.

The app developer was not recognized by Apple, so you had to return to Security & Privacy and click Open Anyway which bypassed macOS's security requirements.

Assuming all of that is correct, it would appear that app developer needs to fix something in their installer package — specifically, the shell script it invokes. That is not something you can fix. Contact the developer and tell them it is not working on your version of macOS.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 6:50 PM in response to lesssweat

Thanks. I understand you selected Allow apps dowloaded from > Identified Developers in Security & Privacy and generally complied with all the steps described in Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support.

The app developer was not recognized by Apple, so you had to return to Security & Privacy and click Open Anyway which bypassed macOS's security requirements.

Assuming all of that is correct, it would appear that app developer needs to fix something in their installer package — specifically, the shell script it invokes. That is not something you can fix. Contact the developer and tell them it is not working on your version of macOS.

.PKG installed but still disconnected from network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.