Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since Ventura upgrade issues with print screen it’s horribly 😑 wrong

Has anyone got problems with their print screen since upgrading to Ventura? I can’t move the print window, unable to view the print icon, no option to print in black and white, the maximise and minimise buttons on the top left corner not there and the list goes on………

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 3:38 AM

11 replies

Nov 16, 2022 5:48 PM in response to Garry and Linda Brettell

Hi Garry and Linda Brettell,

To help troubleshoot, check and see if using a different display size helps with being unable to see or select the buttons at the bottom of the print dialog. To do so, take the following steps:

1. From the Apple menu, select System Settings > Displays
  2. Select the More Space option available beneath the displays
  3. Test the behavior

Additionally, test after updating to macOS 13.0.1, as updating software may help to clear up the behavior: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then reach out to Apple Support directly for assistance with the behavior: Contact - Official Apple Support

Kind regards.

Nov 17, 2022 8:21 AM in response to Garry and Linda Brettell

Garry and Linda Brettell,

Let's continue with updating the macOS software to the latest version. This can help resolve these types of issues with displaying menus. To compete this step, please follow the guidance below:

"Before installing new software, it's a good idea to back up your Mac.

1. From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen:
    • Choose System Settings. Then click General in the sidebar, and Software Update on the right.
    • Or choose System Preferences. Then click Software Update.

2. If Software Update finds new software, click the Update Now or Upgrade Now button to install it.

Software Update windowe

3. Enter your administrator password, if asked. During installation, your Mac might restart, and you might see a progress bar or blank screen several times."

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Take care.

Nov 16, 2022 9:27 PM in response to Chris_D13

Hi Chris, thanks for reaching out to assist, yes Ive tried different display sizes, but it also reduces all the apps and icons which defeats the purpose on having a large IMac screen and I prefer large icons and apps. As you can see from the attached screen shot. Also do you know how to change the printer settings to black and white only I can’t find these settings anywhere🤔

Nov 18, 2022 9:04 AM in response to georgefromdunblane

There are other posts here about this; the Print and Cancel buttons are being covered by the dock.

A couple of suggested workarounds here have been:

1) move the dock to the left or right / hide the dock. (the tops of the buttons can be seen in the first screen shot)

2) Close the Notes option to shrink the dialog.

It's not necessary to quit Safari. Return/Enter will print, Escape will cancel the dialog.

Hope this helps.

Nov 30, 2022 12:20 PM in response to Aliceofthewoods

I ended up changing the display to a smaller scale and I can now see the print button, but I’ve had to sacrifice to smaller fonts and icons which is not appropriate for me in particular, having a nice large Mac screen defeats the purpose, Apple get your act together and either fix all these bugs or revert back to Monterey.

Since Ventura upgrade issues with print screen it’s horribly 😑 wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.