Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods Pro 2 battery case is always showing connected to iPhone

My airpods pro 2 is having major bugs. Disconnecting and reconnecting all the times during phone calls and the battery case is always being connected to iphone if the airpods is inside the case also. Is it a airpod bug or ios bug???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 9:24 AM

This is a feature of the new AirPods (to find them like an AirTag).

To disable the 'always connected', you can shut off the "Find My network" in the AirPods settings (either on the main settings screen of your iOS device, or via the list of Bluetooth devices).

Note that once you turn it off, it might not be able to turn back on (I had this happen) as the advanced features get 'corrupted'. Not sure why, but it took a full reset and wait time before I could re-enable it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2022 9:24 AM in response to ameerul555

This is a feature of the new AirPods (to find them like an AirTag).

To disable the 'always connected', you can shut off the "Find My network" in the AirPods settings (either on the main settings screen of your iOS device, or via the list of Bluetooth devices).

Note that once you turn it off, it might not be able to turn back on (I had this happen) as the advanced features get 'corrupted'. Not sure why, but it took a full reset and wait time before I could re-enable it.

My AirPods Pro 2 battery case is always showing connected to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.