Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16.1.1 update

I’m very frustrated right now. I put off updating to 16 because I knew there were issues. Last night I finally updated to 16.1.1 and now my phone is lagging really bad and dropping my wifi. I chatted with apple support for 45 minutes this morning and only at the 45 minute mark if no advice did they ask to run a diagnostic. I had to leave for work, plus what will that solve? My phone was working great—it’s the update. Is there any fix for this or can I uninstall this update without losing data? My battery is also draining…crazy. If not resolved I think apple should immediately replace my phone without iOS 16. This is affecting my ability to get work done. Why would they leave this out when they know of these issues?

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 7:45 AM

Many users who have updated to iOS 16 and above must have a similar issue if the issues stated by you is due to the iOS.

Unless you state what the issue is many in this forum may not be able to respond positively to the issue you are facing. 

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Similar questions

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2022 7:45 AM in response to nina5678

Many users who have updated to iOS 16 and above must have a similar issue if the issues stated by you is due to the iOS.

Unless you state what the issue is many in this forum may not be able to respond positively to the issue you are facing. 

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Nov 23, 2022 4:22 AM in response to nina5678

I also put off doing the update. Finally last night I gave in. This morning my phones only been on for maybe an hour. Battery percentage is already dropped to 88% and every time I make a call after about two minutes I’m dropped, and then I try to redial the person I was talking to, and it won’t go through. So I finally wait a few minutes to try again, and finally get through only to get dropped again after not even two minutes!!!

Nov 25, 2022 6:19 PM in response to nina5678

Following 16.1.1 update on my iPhone 11pro Ive had a problem with sending 2 MS emails. I write emails on either my gmail or MS account, and have noticed the problem with my Microsoft office address only and only when sending from my phone.

All email activity runs through my iOS email; I do not use a separate app.

On 11/19/2022 I replied to a group email which I completed and sent, but it was never received. There is no reply from me to the group email in my sent folder, however I can find the original incoming message, and another party’s reply to the original, in my inbox search.

On 11/23/2022 I crated an email, to the same group, in 2 steps. The first step is still in my drafts folder. The final draft, which I finished shortly after part 1, then addressed, and sent, does not appear in my sent folder and was not received by the parties.

I’ve not experienced an e-mail problem like this ever before with any iOS version.

Is anyone having this exact problem.

Nov 27, 2022 9:39 AM in response to MillerMillerman1

yesterday I had a phone call with Apple. We deleted everything on my phone. Then Apple did something and everything was reloaded on my phone. for the first 5 minutes it worked like a charm. Then it went back to shutting off in the middle of texts, phone calls and other apps. Face id doesn't work as the phone keeps rebooting.

Have a personal appointment tomorrow with apple. Perhaps, maybe, not so sure...that it will actually help. I hate this update.

iOS 16.1.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.