Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 changed our font colors to something unreadable. How can I fix?

With iOS 15.7 we had a Aqua colored wallpaper (required for us) and all of the app title names and other text on the home screen was black. This was perfect. Very easy to read. After installing iOS 16.1.1 this text is now white and VERY difficult to read. The clock in the upper left and radio signal strength and battery percentage (love that) at the top are also extremely difficult to read.

How do I change this text to Black without changing our required Aqua colored wallpaper?

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 9:15 AM

2 replies

Nov 15, 2022 1:26 PM in response to celliott147

Well, we were able to have the black text with iOS 15.7 but not 16.1. I was led to believe that iOS 16 was some kind of an upgrade allowing more flexibility on the home screen. It appears it was a downgrade.

I've been experimenting with wallpaper colors. In order to get black text you have to drive the wallpaper color extremely bright. Just a couple of percentages from full white. Disappointing.

Thank you for your assistance.

iOS 16 changed our font colors to something unreadable. How can I fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.