Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 128GB (2022) audio sync issues on some apps

Good morning,

I just recently upgraded my Apple TV to the latest 128GB (2022) hardware. I've noticed that some apps (TV app and Amazon Prime) have audio sync issues where the audio comes in and out. However, other apps like Netflix and Disney don't have this audio sync issue. I'm running the latest tvOS 16.1.

It's painful and I'm almost considering connecting my old 1st Gen Apple TV 4K just so we can get audio in TV shows and movies.

Cheers,

-Chris

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 10:10 AM

Hi cjones_,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some concerns with the audio within some apps, and we want to help. Work through the steps below to help resolve issues on Apple TV:

1. Make sure all the apps are updated. You can ensure automatic updates are enabled in Settings > Apps.
  2. Adjust the settings and test if there's any difference: Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

Thanks.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 10:10 AM in response to cjones_

Hi cjones_,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some concerns with the audio within some apps, and we want to help. Work through the steps below to help resolve issues on Apple TV:

1. Make sure all the apps are updated. You can ensure automatic updates are enabled in Settings > Apps.
  2. Adjust the settings and test if there's any difference: Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support

Thanks.

Nov 19, 2022 6:13 AM in response to Stevi_S

Hi @Stevi_S,

I did all these things and still there are audio sync issues with specific apps. Here is something interesting we noticed last night. We watched Dune last night using the Apple Movies app and the audio kept cutting in and out. I knew Dune was also available on Crave, so I opened it up in the Crave app and low behold, no audio issues with Dune on Crave. Same movie, just different apps.

So there is a glaring audio sync bug here that needs to be resolved.

Apple TV 128GB (2022) audio sync issues on some apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.