Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get Mac mini GarageBand to accept songs created on iPad?

Hi

Unfortunately, never having used Mac Garageband, I expected it would have the custom tracks available in the iPad. Maybe device or software headache?

My songs are in iCloud, same account. All songs created iPad Garageband. But in Mac Garageband, I keep getting errors saying parts or something are missing from the songs. Already re-installed updated Garageband, but no good. Didn't find answer in apple support docs yet.

current OS versions:

-- 16.1 (20B82)iPad mini 6

-- Ventura 13.0.1 Mac mini m1

I posted here because I thought maybe I could go usb-c to usb-c between the devices.

Mac mini, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 5:03 PM

Simply, my download is slow. Display goes to sleep during download. And device providing access to internet was bugging to do its system update. Also for other interruptions, I suspect Mac OS and/or Sound Library download aren't multitasking friendly.

I'm still learning macOS. Looking to see if any preferences to keep Mac mini 6 signal always active to display.

Back to download, and paying attention.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2022 5:03 PM in response to Set2set2

Simply, my download is slow. Display goes to sleep during download. And device providing access to internet was bugging to do its system update. Also for other interruptions, I suspect Mac OS and/or Sound Library download aren't multitasking friendly.

I'm still learning macOS. Looking to see if any preferences to keep Mac mini 6 signal always active to display.

Back to download, and paying attention.

Nov 15, 2022 10:24 AM in response to Set2set2

I think I found partial answer to missing instruments. I thought sound library completed but it had not. Trying again.

also, I am searching by "band" in cloud to find my songs, then loading them. I have another account, and have to see how to share those over to the one I have for current iPad and Mac.

I'll know better about instruments available when download is done.

Will come back to followup on results of efforts.

How can I get Mac mini GarageBand to accept songs created on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.