Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallpaper glitch

My iPhone 11 (iOS 16.1.1) has started defaulting to a black wallpaper on both my Lock Screen and Home Screen since I updated my software to 16.1.1. Settings still indicates that my personalized wallpaper photo is selected. The only way I’ve been able to fix this is by restarting my phone.

I have screen time/downtime scheduled and my wallpaper switches to black during those hours, but it does not switch back to my personalized wallpaper photo at the end of the scheduled time.

I have also noticed this happen when I turn my phone off then back on and when the phone dies then turns back on after recharging.

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 1:35 PM

Hello again ~ That’s good to hear. You have Do Not Disturb During Bedtime on perhaps as this darkens the background of your iPhone? Also take a look here…

iOS 16.1 Lock Screen Wallpaper Display - Apple Community

~Katana-San~

6 replies

Nov 25, 2022 7:43 AM in response to Khenny9

I have the same problem as Khenny9. I used an old photo for my wallpaper and now get a black background instead. When I look at Wallpaper in Settings i can see the old photo as "Current", but it is not current the screen is black. I don't want to have to go through thousands of photos to find it and set it up as a new wallpaper, I just want the old one back.

Wallpaper glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.