Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refund an Apple purchase

Please tell me the right link where I can ask refund for the purchase that was made with my child´s card that he did not do. He does not have iphone at the moment and he could not do it. If his card was used by somebody then its fraud.

[Edited by Moderator] 

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 5:27 PM

Hello,

If his card was added to an Apple ID that you cannot access (i.e. a fraudsters Apple ID) you will not be able to request a refund from Apple directly. You should contact your bank to initiate a dispute and start the process to get new card info for your son so more fraudulant transactions do not occur.

If this was done under an Apple ID you have access to you can request a refund from Apple at reportaproblem.apple.com

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

• "If you don't know why you were charged, review your family members' purchases. If you're the family organizer, tap or click the Apple ID button, then choose All. Purchases charged to your shared payment method appear."

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2022 5:27 PM in response to triin240

Hello,

If his card was added to an Apple ID that you cannot access (i.e. a fraudsters Apple ID) you will not be able to request a refund from Apple directly. You should contact your bank to initiate a dispute and start the process to get new card info for your son so more fraudulant transactions do not occur.

If this was done under an Apple ID you have access to you can request a refund from Apple at reportaproblem.apple.com

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

• "If you don't know why you were charged, review your family members' purchases. If you're the family organizer, tap or click the Apple ID button, then choose All. Purchases charged to your shared payment method appear."

I hope this helps.

Refund an Apple purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.