Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay not working with 16.1.1

Does anyone else have issues with Carplay not working with the recent software updates? I have a 13 and it had no sound coming out last week and now it won't work at all. It has been glitchy for a long time--it kept disconnecting the phone and now it won't work with carplay at all. I updated to 16.1.1 today and no change.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 12:11 AM

Apple CarPlay does not work anymore with my Audi with the 16.1.1 update. My head unit requires a USB cable. The only thing that works now is music from my Bluetooth. Very disappointed to see that 16.1.1 was supposed to fix the CarPlay issue.

24 replies

Nov 16, 2022 9:28 AM in response to Klynnsitt

my CarPlay was working great in my 2020 BMW x3 as of yesterday morning 11-15-22. I got to work and had a software update and as soon as I did the update, my carplay would no longer work. It’s like it never existed. I tried all the logical troubleshooting issues and nothing fixed it. I am extremely irritated that I pay for expensive devices and vehicles and your update screws it up. Please send a new software update to fix this issue or send recommended new troubleshooting steps!

Nov 17, 2022 9:04 AM in response to JPCook4481

I reset the wi-fi passkey and then I had no password for it so I plugged it onto the usb and it found the password I guess. So to get it working I went to all menus/ setup/device connections/wifi /reset wifi passkey and then I did this http://webmanual.hyundai.com/DA_GEN2_V/AV/USA/English/002_Features_pprojection.html#applecarplay

and it’s working now without the cord.

Nov 22, 2022 6:21 PM in response to Klynnsitt

The Skip button on my Cadillac XT4 steering wheel stopped working after I updated to 16.1.1. Everything else is fine but it doesn't let me skip the track when I'm playing Spotify through CarPlay via the steering wheel. This has happened before, about a year ago I think, and I'm almost positive it had to do with the iOS update. Every other troubleshooting thing I tried didn't work & I swear it fixed itself when Apple put out the new update a few days later. Hoping it's as simple as that again.

Nov 23, 2022 4:32 PM in response to Klynnsitt

Just got the new iPhone 14 Pro, had to upgrade it to 16.1.1, and it does not work with my CarPlay as well. I previously had the 12 Pro, with 16.1.1 and it did work with CarPlay, so not sure what the deal is with the newer devices and the same iOS not working, super frustrating to invest in the latest tech, only to have it function worse than older tech.

Nov 29, 2022 2:32 PM in response to Klynnsitt

I have a brand new 2022 BMW X4MC and carplay was working fine wirelessly until i upgraded my phone to 16.1.1. There are no updates available from BMW.

it seems the audio works, so i can play music wirelessly via carplay but i am now able to get the carplay menu to show in the car and if i try to use any apps it doesn’t show up on the car display.

Dec 30, 2022 9:09 PM in response to Klynnsitt

I am having the same issue. I have OS 16.2 on my iPhone 14 max pro. Everything on CarPlay works fine. But when I get a call or make a call, there is no more option to have the call go through the car speakers. I have tried everything. The weird part is, I used my roommates phone and it works perfectly. I tried my moms and it does the same as mine.

please help if possible

Carplay not working with 16.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.