Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After ios 16.1.1 update on my iphone 12, during screen mirroring of prime video, there is no sound on my sony TV

After ios 16.1.1 update on my iphone 12, during screen mirroring of prime video, there is no sound on my sony TV. Also having problems with screen mirroring on VW apple car play. Anyone else having same issues?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 9:35 PM

serkan140 wrote:

After ios 16.1.1 update on my iphone 12,

I sincerely doubt this claim of yours.

AirPlay 2–compatible TVs and other Products --> See all AirPlay 2–enabled smart TVs

If you find your device in the link provided above then --> Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your ...

Else Plug a Lightning Digital AV Adapter or Lightning to VGA Adapter into the charging port on the bottom of iPhone. Connect an HDMI or VGA cable to the adapter. Connect the other end of the HDMI or VGA cable to the monitor, TV, or projector. If necessary, switch to the correct video source on the monitor, TV, or projector.

Connect iPhone to a display with a cable - Apple Support (IN)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2022 9:35 PM in response to serkan140

serkan140 wrote:

After ios 16.1.1 update on my iphone 12,

I sincerely doubt this claim of yours.

AirPlay 2–compatible TVs and other Products --> See all AirPlay 2–enabled smart TVs

If you find your device in the link provided above then --> Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your ...

Else Plug a Lightning Digital AV Adapter or Lightning to VGA Adapter into the charging port on the bottom of iPhone. Connect an HDMI or VGA cable to the adapter. Connect the other end of the HDMI or VGA cable to the monitor, TV, or projector. If necessary, switch to the correct video source on the monitor, TV, or projector.

Connect iPhone to a display with a cable - Apple Support (IN)

Jan 13, 2023 9:46 AM in response to SravanKrA

Doubt it all you want but I have the same issue. If you lived in an area where your internet was your phone the you wouldn’t suggest AirPlay because it burns hotspot data. My adapter worked fine with ios15 but I upgraded to iPhone 13 and the adapter said it needed a firmware update. So found you need to restart the phone with adapter plugged in and it said it was updating firmware. Now I get video but no audio.

I get a box that says vga not supported you must connect with hdmi. I am connected with hdmi. So anyone that knows what they’re talking about have an answer for this issue?

Feb 9, 2023 9:04 AM in response to Stainlessone

I’ve never had this problem with loss of sound before. But, this morning is the first time I’ve tried mirroring in a couple months, and no matter what I do, I can’t get sound.

I’ve tried mirroring from both my iPhone and iPad. I’ve restarted both of them. I’ve reset my internet.

I get sound on my device (so volume is up), but when my mirroring connects, there is no sound on my tv. When I disconnect the mirroring, the sound resumes on my devices.

I don’t care what anyone “doubts”, something is wrong.

anyone find a resolution yet?

After ios 16.1.1 update on my iphone 12, during screen mirroring of prime video, there is no sound on my sony TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.