Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Being able to choose which of a contact’s email addresses to send an email to (iOS Mail app)

Hello.

I don’t experience this on my MacBook. It seems only to occur on my iOS devices.

I have contacts with multiple email addresses. E.g. work = janedoe@work.com; personal = janedoe@personal.com; hobby = janedoe@hobby.com

When I start composing an email in the Mail app it only surfaces one of these email addresses. It doesn’t enable me to choose which one to send to. For example, it might default to their work email, but I want to email their personal email without having to type the whole address out.

How can I fix this? It’s doing my head in!

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 4:32 AM

When you start an email to a contact on your iPhone type janedoe (to use your example) and the name of the contact and one email address pops up. This is a suggestion and if you touch on the suggestion it will populate the To field in the outgoing email.

However, if you touch on the > icon which is in a circle to the right of the contact's name, you will see a dropdown of all the email addresses you have stored in your Contact app for that person. Then simply touch on the preferred email address you wish to use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2022 4:32 AM in response to ClarenotClaire

When you start an email to a contact on your iPhone type janedoe (to use your example) and the name of the contact and one email address pops up. This is a suggestion and if you touch on the suggestion it will populate the To field in the outgoing email.

However, if you touch on the > icon which is in a circle to the right of the contact's name, you will see a dropdown of all the email addresses you have stored in your Contact app for that person. Then simply touch on the preferred email address you wish to use.

Being able to choose which of a contact’s email addresses to send an email to (iOS Mail app)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.