Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set a default email for Contacts for sending email from Contacts

Most of the posts here are from the iPhone and iPad perspective and going into "Settings"

I have a number of email accounts but one main one. When in Contacts if I send an email from a contact's page, the email that Contacts generates has send email address that I don't want.

How do I set up my Mac preferences with an email default?

Thx,

Steven

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 5:34 PM

Mail>Preferences>Composing, about in the middle under Addressing... Send new mail from... mine is set from Auto, which used to be called account of last used Mailbox, but can be set to a certain one.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 9, 2021 7:16 PM in response to BDAqua

I've been an avid Mac user from Toaster days in 1985 and I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know this. To be fare to myself, I rarely have looked up a contact and invoked an email from there. I usually as in next to always, just type the name in a new email from Mail and done. Lemme give myself a break. At least I didn't call AppleCare :D Thanks BD

How to set a default email for Contacts for sending email from Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.