You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switch Control causing problems with IOS

I've been using switch control for one of the games that I play for a few years now. Either in late IOS15 or early IOS16 it started displaying "invalid configuration" when activated. It still seems to work fine for my use but what I have noticed with increasing frequency is that when I exit out of switch control and the phone goes to the lock screen, I can no longer swipe up from the bottom to get to the home screen and I cannot swipe down for control center or notifications. I have to restart the phone to get normal functionality again.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening or is this a bug that has not yet been addressed?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 5:35 AM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2022 11:48 AM in response to AFP520

Hi AFP520,

Are you running the latest iOS version of iOS 16 (currently it's 16.1.1)? This makes sure you have all the latest software fixes and features. Have you tried disabling the feature entirely and setting it up again to see if the issue persists? This can help with minor software issues. Here's how to add a new switch:

1. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Switch Control > Switches.
2. Tap Add New Switch and choose a source. 
3. Follow the onscreen steps to choose how you want the switch to work. 
4. Remember to turn on Switch Control, so you can use your new switch. 

You can find the full resource here: Use Switch Control to navigate your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue persists you can reach out for additional support here: Get Support

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Switch Control causing problems with IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.