Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV channel won't play my AMC+ subscription

This has been pretty frustrating. Purchased a subscription to AMC+ through Apple TV. A few shows play, but the one I really want to watch gives me 2 "free" episodes, then directs me to log in to the AMC app to watch the rest.

So I downloaded the AMC app, but that doesn't seem to work at all with my Apple TV subscription. AMC says that the Apple TV channel is completely different from direct subscription to AMC and they can't help. Apple says that it's clearly AMC's problem, as a third-party provider.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 16

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 3:30 PM

AMC+ is not AMC. These are different services with different access requirements (from the same parent organization). AMC (without the Plus) is for TV provider packages.

AMC+ as an Apple TV app Channel is a subscription service for watching in the Apple TV app exclusively.

AMC+ in the AMC+ app requires a subscription started outside the Apple TV app. (The content should match the Apple TV app though.)

These types of subscriptions have different terms and conditions, different perks and limitations, and are not exchangeable as such.

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

AMC+ app - App Store preview - Apple

AMC app - App Store preview - Apple

Note that AMC+ has some content for a limited time. Episodes of some shows for as short a period as 30 days.

… but the one [show] I really want to watch gives me 2 "free" episodes, then directs me to log in to the AMC app to watch the rest.

What show is that? You have to talk specifics, when it is in reference to possibly missing episodes.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2022 3:30 PM in response to revandrew

AMC+ is not AMC. These are different services with different access requirements (from the same parent organization). AMC (without the Plus) is for TV provider packages.

AMC+ as an Apple TV app Channel is a subscription service for watching in the Apple TV app exclusively.

AMC+ in the AMC+ app requires a subscription started outside the Apple TV app. (The content should match the Apple TV app though.)

These types of subscriptions have different terms and conditions, different perks and limitations, and are not exchangeable as such.

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

AMC+ app - App Store preview - Apple

AMC app - App Store preview - Apple

Note that AMC+ has some content for a limited time. Episodes of some shows for as short a period as 30 days.

… but the one [show] I really want to watch gives me 2 "free" episodes, then directs me to log in to the AMC app to watch the rest.

What show is that? You have to talk specifics, when it is in reference to possibly missing episodes.

Nov 16, 2022 3:44 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for the distinction. I understand that AMC and AMC+ are not the same thing. But nothing about different available content, etc, was at all clear when I subscribed to the channel. And even after phone calls with both Apple support and AMC, I'm still not clear how I'm supposed to access the content I want to watch.

The show of which I'm only able to watch 2 episodes is the new "Interview with a Vampire." If the entire season is not, in fact, available through my Apple TV channel subscription, then the way it was promoted (on Apple TV) was very misleading.

I think I'm going to cancel the subscription, request a refund, and decide whether or not it's worth it to deal with AMC directly.

Apple TV channel won't play my AMC+ subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.