Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set the New Tab page as homepage or start page in Safari?

So I would like to use the new tab page (specifically customized with an extension) as my homepage (or start page) in Safari. How can I do that? What URL should I set homepage/start page to in order to achieve that?

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 3:22 PM

A new Safari window tab will open according to Safari's General settings. If it is a web page, it will have a URL. Nothing else does.

I surmise I do not understand what you want to accomplish, and that it has something to do with the "specifically customized with an extension" description. Can you describe that Safari Extension and what it does?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 3:22 PM in response to marko7

A new Safari window tab will open according to Safari's General settings. If it is a web page, it will have a URL. Nothing else does.

I surmise I do not understand what you want to accomplish, and that it has something to do with the "specifically customized with an extension" description. Can you describe that Safari Extension and what it does?

How to set the New Tab page as homepage or start page in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.