Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 mini camera freezes

Hey!

I'm running iOS 16.1.1 and have been noticing this issue since upgrading to 16.1. Whenever I use the back-facing camera in the camera app, it will freeze up and I won't be able to use it. Sometimes, the camera doesn't load and it is just simply black. This only happens in the camera app, and when I use an app like Snapchat, the back-facing camera works fine. This is very annoying because I'd like to take advantage of the copy text in photos feature, but can't due to my phone not being able to take pictures. When I say freezing, it will be working for a few seconds, but then it goes all blurry on the image and I can't click any buttons, forcing me to restart it.

Please let me know if you have any ideas!

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 2:46 PM

See the troubleshooting steps here for camera issues. If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support If this does not work, use the Get Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support, or if you have an Apple Store close by, make a Genius Bar appointment to have Apple examine the device. They will explain your options. Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2022 2:46 PM in response to milo190

See the troubleshooting steps here for camera issues. If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support If this does not work, use the Get Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support, or if you have an Apple Store close by, make a Genius Bar appointment to have Apple examine the device. They will explain your options. Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPhone 13 mini camera freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.