Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texting myself

when I text myself it’s green. My previous iPhone 12 pro when I text myself was blue. I got used to seeing that. I looked at my message settings and iMessage is on. Send and receive is on and linked to my phone number, my send as sms is turned on. iMessages works when sending iMessage to friends and family bt just when I text myself it’s a sms And is green How do I fix this. Shouldn’t it be blue?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 9:50 PM

Kingjay420 wrote:

my send as sms is turned on.

Please turn this off.

Since your device is not connected to the internet it is using the above option (Send as SMS) to send you an SMS and not iMessage.

That is why it is Green and not Blue.

Once you turn Off the Send as SMS then either you will receive iMessage or you will see Undelivered!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2022 9:50 PM in response to Kingjay420

Kingjay420 wrote:

my send as sms is turned on.

Please turn this off.

Since your device is not connected to the internet it is using the above option (Send as SMS) to send you an SMS and not iMessage.

That is why it is Green and not Blue.

Once you turn Off the Send as SMS then either you will receive iMessage or you will see Undelivered!

Dec 6, 2022 11:21 PM in response to Kingjay420

I have the same problem. Messages I sent to myself were always blue when I was on WiFi (or green if I wasn’t cuz I have SMS turned on). Now suddenly starting a few days ago they are always green, even though I am connected to the internet and have iMessaging turned on. Did you ever figure out why this happens and how to fix it?

Feb 16, 2023 11:18 PM in response to sddee

UPDATE - Found a fix that worked for me.

I did a few different things am not sure what did it bt hopefully this helps y’all. First I sent a iMessage to my iCloud email as suggested in this thread, then I signed out of iMessage and FaceTime for a few minutes, turned them both back on. For my iMessage I have my phone number and my Apple ID selected for send and receive messages from. I updated my software to the latest 16.3.1, and now it shows up with the blue iMessage when I text to myself.

Texting myself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.