Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i know if i have a recovery key set up

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 9:26 PM

If you lost your Recovery Key

As long as you remember your Apple ID password and still have access to one of your trusted devices, you can sign in and create a new Recovery Key.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2022 9:26 PM in response to kaylaguerra0484

If you lost your Recovery Key

As long as you remember your Apple ID password and still have access to one of your trusted devices, you can sign in and create a new Recovery Key.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.