Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get my contacts

When setting up iCloud, I inadvertently deleted my contacts on the phone. How do I get them back?

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 1:10 PM

If you hadn't been syncing contacts to iCloud before, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer then when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup to see the contents and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    *

ASC YouTube for how to restore an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from an iCloud backup

If you had been sync contacts with iCloud before, go to iCloud.com/Contacts using a browser to see if the contacts are there. If not, go to iCloud.com/Account Settings using a browser. Scroll to the bottom and under Advanced, select Restore Contacts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 1:10 PM in response to M67Z93

If you hadn't been syncing contacts to iCloud before, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer then when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup to see the contents and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    *

ASC YouTube for how to restore an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from an iCloud backup

If you had been sync contacts with iCloud before, go to iCloud.com/Contacts using a browser to see if the contacts are there. If not, go to iCloud.com/Account Settings using a browser. Scroll to the bottom and under Advanced, select Restore Contacts.

Get my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.