Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Ventura upgrade - imovie projects disappeared

I just went to iMovie and found that my projects disappeared. I figured that it was due to my upgrade or os update I did a few weeks back. Where did the files/projects go? Can I recover them?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 6:23 PM

iMovie is not embedded in the operating system, so upgrading to Ventura would not cause your projects to disappear. Probably what happened is that iMovie opened in a new blank (empty) library. You just need to reopen your old library to get back to your projects.

Close iMovie. Then look in your Movies folder (Go/Home/Movies) and double click on your old libraries icon. iMovie will open in that library and you should find all of your projects intact.

If no luck, post back.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 6:23 PM in response to OaklandLonghorn

iMovie is not embedded in the operating system, so upgrading to Ventura would not cause your projects to disappear. Probably what happened is that iMovie opened in a new blank (empty) library. You just need to reopen your old library to get back to your projects.

Close iMovie. Then look in your Movies folder (Go/Home/Movies) and double click on your old libraries icon. iMovie will open in that library and you should find all of your projects intact.

If no luck, post back.

-- Rich

Nov 17, 2022 9:20 PM in response to OaklandLonghorn

Great! Glad you recovered all of your projects.

Don't know what is going on with the thumb drive photos being corrupted. Probably best to start a new thread on that, and provide more details. Meanwhile, make a duplicate of one of the photos, open it in the Preview app on your Mac, and SAVE-AS in a different format. See if that cures it.

-- Rich

After Ventura upgrade - imovie projects disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.