Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

! account error

In Mail I get an 'Account Error' message, and a ! in a triangle.

I am sending & receiving email ok & my provider says connection is ok,

BUT why am I getting this error message in favourites bar & in triangle next to inbox?

thanks

GC

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 2:02 PM

Hello grayden145,

For assistance with your mail giving you this error, we'd like to gather some more details to determine what steps to take. So to confirm, you can send and receive emails with no issue, but you see this exclamation mark next to the account? Do you only have a single email account or do you have multiple accounts?

Also if you click on the mark, do you get any further details? Also, if you restart your Mac, does anything change?

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 2:02 PM in response to grayden145

Hello grayden145,

For assistance with your mail giving you this error, we'd like to gather some more details to determine what steps to take. So to confirm, you can send and receive emails with no issue, but you see this exclamation mark next to the account? Do you only have a single email account or do you have multiple accounts?

Also if you click on the mark, do you get any further details? Also, if you restart your Mac, does anything change?

Thanks!

! account error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.