Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps

I received a notification that maps marked my location but I was not using maps on my phone nor did I ask it to mark my location. Why would maps do this on its own??

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 6:33 PM

Was it possible that the notification was that it marked your parked car? As long as your phone is connected to your car's Bluetooth, when you park your vehicle, it will mark your parked car location.

7 replies

Dec 2, 2022 5:28 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Somewhat similar issue here. I have an Apple Watch 7 w/the latest WatchOS. My watch face allows me to display my Parked car update. However, the watch has only displayed my parking location once since I selected the watch face for use. My vehicle & phone are paired via BT (and my watch is paired to my phone); but to date, I've only been notified once. Nice touch, except the one time it worked was when I returned to my home. Not real helpful in that case. Like CPUR5, I am not getting the update consistently. Is there some action I should take to have my phone/watch notify me every time (including when I park at home)?

I think this is a potentially helpful feature, but I need it to be there each time/every time. Thanks....looking forward to your replies.

Dec 3, 2022 6:00 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

ChrisJ4203 - Thank you for the prompt reply. Yes, I had already read the support page you linked me too but was still unable to get past the "inconsistency. However, while re-reading the page, per your link, I was interested to see the following entry:

"Note: Your parked car isn’t marked at a location where you frequently park, like at home or work."

Interesting because that's exactly what happened in my case. It showed my car parked at home. I'm not too concerned about it, I'm thinking it will start to realize the frequency of parking and stop showing.

In any case, I did also realize that the image on my watch and iPhone were zoomed out enough to cover up my parked car icon...and I now believe that's part of the reason I was seeing this "inconsistency". When I zoomed in to the map, my home, and my car appeared as visible waypoint markers. I also re-paired my phone to my car and my watch to my phone...so far, each time I've parked, the parked car update icon on my watch has become active (showing the direction of my vehicle). So, now it appears my question/concern has been answered. I will continue to monitor for consistency, but it's been very consistent as of today.

Thanks again for the assistance...it was indeed helpful.

Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.