Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay 2 w/4K vids from MacBook to Apple TV 4K Gen 3

I have a M2 MacBook Pro and a 2022 Gen 3 Apple TV 4K. I have some 4K MP4 videos on my Mac that I’d like to watch on my big screen without having to use a DisplayPort to hdmi cable. Can Airplay 2 accomplish this? Does it use my upload/download speed to send the vid signal or is is strictly a direct wifi connection between my Mac & ATV? My download speed is fine (300mbps but upload is only 10mbps). Thanks for the help. I can’t find any direct info on Apple about requirements to do what I need.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 2:30 AM

yeah, read about it here Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support

you can also view your movies by adding them the appletv app on the mac and enable media sharing and then accessing the movies in the computer app on the appletv

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 2:30 AM in response to jasonfromstrongsville

yeah, read about it here Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support

you can also view your movies by adding them the appletv app on the mac and enable media sharing and then accessing the movies in the computer app on the appletv

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Airplay 2 w/4K vids from MacBook to Apple TV 4K Gen 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.