Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Same NUMBERS Page Printing Increasing The Number On Each Printed Page

I have created an sales sheet in NUMBERS. I have a sheet I want customers to fill out. I would like the print the same sheet 100 times, but with a number on the sheet that increases with each page that prints. I would then have the same sheet with an identifying number in order to track who the sheet was given to. I don't want to have to print one page and type 1 in a cell and then print the page again after typing 2 in the cell and so on. Any ideas?

I can be done in Excel, but I would rather just find a way in Numbers.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 7:03 PM

I would move the project into Pages, and use a Pages Page Layout blank template.

Place a Table (or a text box) on this page. My preference would be a table, as this is a bit easier environment in which to set up the sales sheet (and more closely represents what you've done in Numbers). Size your table to fit on the page, leaving space for the header or footer boxes on whichever end of the sheet (top or bottom) you want to use for the number.

When you have the table filled in with your questions, etc., click on the box where you want the number, then click Insert Page number in the speech balloon that appears, and choose the first option ( 1 ) in the list of four that is presented.

With your first page now completed, use the view menu to open the left sidebar to view the Page thumbnails.

Click the thumbnail to select it, then press command-C to copy that page.

Then press command-V to paste a new copy of the page into the document. Check that the (page) number on this copy is 2.

Then press command-v 97more times to create a total 100 copies of the page in the document.

Now check the printer has 100 sheets, then Print.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 7:03 PM in response to JOAT06

I would move the project into Pages, and use a Pages Page Layout blank template.

Place a Table (or a text box) on this page. My preference would be a table, as this is a bit easier environment in which to set up the sales sheet (and more closely represents what you've done in Numbers). Size your table to fit on the page, leaving space for the header or footer boxes on whichever end of the sheet (top or bottom) you want to use for the number.

When you have the table filled in with your questions, etc., click on the box where you want the number, then click Insert Page number in the speech balloon that appears, and choose the first option ( 1 ) in the list of four that is presented.

With your first page now completed, use the view menu to open the left sidebar to view the Page thumbnails.

Click the thumbnail to select it, then press command-C to copy that page.

Then press command-V to paste a new copy of the page into the document. Check that the (page) number on this copy is 2.

Then press command-v 97more times to create a total 100 copies of the page in the document.

Now check the printer has 100 sheets, then Print.

Regards,

Barry

Same NUMBERS Page Printing Increasing The Number On Each Printed Page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.