Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to get into my son’s iPhone that is owned by me

I am trying to get into my son’s iPhone that is owned by me. He passed away on September 11 2022. I do know his icloud id is email@gmail. Com. I do nog know his passcode can you help me?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 9:20 AM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. There is no way to get into his phone without the passcode, however, if you have his Apple ID and password you can restore any backups he made of the phone to it, and you can see any data that he synced to iCloud. Here’s information from Apple on how to get into his account if you don’t know the password→How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2022 9:20 AM in response to LHunt8

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. There is no way to get into his phone without the passcode, however, if you have his Apple ID and password you can restore any backups he made of the phone to it, and you can see any data that he synced to iCloud. Here’s information from Apple on how to get into his account if you don’t know the password→How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

Nov 19, 2022 9:20 AM in response to LHunt8

You will need to contact Apple Support directly with this matter.

Please note that devices locked with a passcode are protected by passcode encryption, and unless the next of kin knows the device passcode, Apple will not be able to remove the passcode lock on the device without erasing it. - Apple

I am trying to get into my son’s iPhone that is owned by me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.