Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add Change Frame Rates

In FCPX (10.6.5), I see only a handful of frame rates (in the drop-down) when I create a new project. I did not see anywhere that you could add a new frame rate. Case in point, I want to edit in 59.92, but there is no option for this. Can you please advise?

Thank you.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 10:42 AM

You might want to check the media in an application like MediaInfo or Invisor and see whether 59.92 is the true frame rate or if it’s been shot on an iPhone or similar and is actually a variable frame rate (which is completely stupid BS BTW). If it is you should use a standard rate like 59.97 or better 60.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2022 10:42 AM in response to KITT2010

You might want to check the media in an application like MediaInfo or Invisor and see whether 59.92 is the true frame rate or if it’s been shot on an iPhone or similar and is actually a variable frame rate (which is completely stupid BS BTW). If it is you should use a standard rate like 59.97 or better 60.

Add Change Frame Rates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.