Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just updated my iPhone to 16.1.1 version. Now there isn't a toggle to turn Do Not Disturb on and off.

I just updated my iPhone to 16.1.1 version. Now there isn't a toggle to turn Do Not Disturb on and off.

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 5:31 PM

And-beyond ~ Here's a screenshot of the shortcut as a bookmark and as a widget:

And here's the iCloud link:

Toggle Disturb

...Tapping that link should show a blue Get Shortcut button at the bottom – the shortcut will be added to your shortcuts collection. Then, to add its small icon to your Home Screen:

Add a shortcut to the Home Screen on iPhone or iPad

Or, for the large icon:

Set up and run shortcuts from a widget on iPhone or iPad

õ¿õ¬

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 5:31 PM in response to And-beyond

And-beyond ~ Here's a screenshot of the shortcut as a bookmark and as a widget:

And here's the iCloud link:

Toggle Disturb

...Tapping that link should show a blue Get Shortcut button at the bottom – the shortcut will be added to your shortcuts collection. Then, to add its small icon to your Home Screen:

Add a shortcut to the Home Screen on iPhone or iPad

Or, for the large icon:

Set up and run shortcuts from a widget on iPhone or iPad

õ¿õ¬

Nov 22, 2022 8:27 AM in response to And-beyond

And-beyond wrote "I found that I could turn the volume down so the verbal announcement is not intrusive."

The Speak actions in that shortcut can be easily eliminated:

• Open the Shortcuts app
  • You'll see the blue Toggle Disturb shortcut
  • Tap the white disc containing three dots (…)
  • You'll see each action has an "x" in a disc to the right
  • For each of the two Speak actions, tap that "x"
  • Tap Done at upper right

I encourage you to learn how to create your own custom shortcuts:

Shortcuts User Guide for iPhone and iPad

Shortcuts User Guide for Mac

õ¿õ¬

Nov 21, 2022 4:29 PM in response to And-beyond

Hi And-beyond,

We'd like to help you find the best solution for using Do Not Disturb. This feature is used with Focus. You can find all the details about this here: Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. This will give you a guide on how to use Focus Do Not Disturb, and several other options that are available for more specific customization. We hope this helps.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Nov 21, 2022 4:58 PM in response to And-beyond

Yeah, Apple created an extra step to do something that used to be extraordinarily easy. I had this issue, too. I just wanted a simple way to turn on Do Not Disturb. In an earlier thread I posted about this issue, one of the experts gave me a real good solution: There's a shortcut you can add that's called Toggle Disturb. In other words, you can put it on your homescreen...and then toggle DND on and off. There is even audio that tells you that you've turned it on, or off....but I've temporarily disabled that feature to see if you can live without it. What I suggest you do is to go to Shortcuts...search for Toggle Disturb....add it...then drag it from your shortcuts onto the first page of your home screen. Done. It really worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Nov 22, 2022 8:12 AM in response to Alancito

Hi Alancito,

Thank you for not only the response but also the links to accomplish what I wanted to do. That was quite helpful. I still wish the Do Not Disturb icon would appear on my lock screen like it used to, to remind me that is was on, rather than the spoken notification. But I was able to turn the volume down sufficiently so it isn’t intrusive.

Thank you for your help. :-)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.