Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 lock screen time font size

On the iOS 16 iPhone lock screen, is there a way to use a smaller font for the time?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 6:37 AM

I also have the same issue - and have so far not found a way to make the time font smaller

on the lock screen.

In earlier versions < iOS 15.x it used to be fine, but now Apple has changed the settings to this

tasteless lock screen size and FIXED it !

@APPLE: please do not force all users to use that ugly time display !

Let us choose the font and size ourselves !

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2022 6:37 AM in response to frazzm737

I also have the same issue - and have so far not found a way to make the time font smaller

on the lock screen.

In earlier versions < iOS 15.x it used to be fine, but now Apple has changed the settings to this

tasteless lock screen size and FIXED it !

@APPLE: please do not force all users to use that ugly time display !

Let us choose the font and size ourselves !

Nov 19, 2022 2:27 PM in response to frazzm737

Yes frazzm, it should, but it doesn’t.

I can change the font style and the font color, but using the info in that link I can’t change the font size.

I want to use a smaller font for the time. I find the huge default font size really distasteful. It’s in my face and obnoxious.

The best I can do is use the thinnest font style and change the color so that blends somewhat with my selected photo.

But is there a way to change the Font Size of the time on the iPhone iOS 16 lock screen?

Or remove it all together? I already know the current time, I own an Apple Watch.

Jan 11, 2023 9:44 AM in response to gbiss

absolutely agree with everything said…ios 16 is a vomit nightmare…the fixed size and placement of the garish time display on lockscreen is disgusting and both of my wallpapers became a mess…without the slightest heads-up that the upgrade would introduce yet more intrusiveness in my life…perhaps if the designers had some control over their own lives they could keep their noses out of the customer’s individual preferences

iOS 16 lock screen time font size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.