Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malwarebytes

I read that my Apple Computer has no need for a secrity suite such as Malwarebytes because there is no need. True or false ?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 9:39 PM

"Malwarebytes: I read that my Apple Computer has no need for a secrity suite such as Malwarebytes because there is no need. True or false ?"

-------

Use of MalwareBytes for Mac

This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. This software has been created by Long Time Users of these Forums. So, that makes it reliable for Macs.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2022 9:39 PM in response to 94JohnnyGee91

"Malwarebytes: I read that my Apple Computer has no need for a secrity suite such as Malwarebytes because there is no need. True or false ?"

-------

Use of MalwareBytes for Mac

This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. This software has been created by Long Time Users of these Forums. So, that makes it reliable for Macs.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller

Nov 19, 2022 9:41 PM in response to Niel

I wish I paid more attention to the " warning " issued to me . I was on what I belive was the actual Apple site and suddenly a pop up appeared that said " you have three malwares on your computer , click here to see " . Or close to that . I did not click , but backed out of that page and opened the Apple site again . No such warning this second time . I am mystified.

Malwarebytes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.