Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, how do i connect my ipad to the cannon 8630 printer?

Hi, how do i connect my ipad to the cannon 8630 printer. Pleas help me!!!

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 2:55 AM

Starting at the beginning, see:

Apple AirPrint is a driverless connection protocol - that requires a compatible Printer to be wirelessly connected to your WiFi network. A high proportion of modern printers intended for Home, SoHo and Business environments now support AirPrint. Check your printer model against this list:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

If your printer is not compatible with AirPrint, there are alternatives…

Some printer manufacturers have a suitable companion App that provides Print capabilities for mobile devices, often using a web-based print service. Others can print directly if the App supports other network printing protocols. By example, HP Printers use the HP Smart App, while some Canon printers are compatible with the Canon Print App.

You might also consider connecting a non-AirPrint printer to a PC or Mac computer - and install a “helper application” that allows the computer to emulate AirPrint capabilities; one such option is Readdle Printer Pro, for which suitable software for PC is available. A link to the PC software is included from this page:

https://readdle.com/printerpro

A further alternative is to consider installing a dedicated Print Server Appliance on your network - and connect your printer to this. One example is the Lantronix xPrintServer - although this will likely be more expensive than simply procuring a compatible AirPrint printer.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 2:55 AM in response to TranAnhVu

Starting at the beginning, see:

Apple AirPrint is a driverless connection protocol - that requires a compatible Printer to be wirelessly connected to your WiFi network. A high proportion of modern printers intended for Home, SoHo and Business environments now support AirPrint. Check your printer model against this list:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

If your printer is not compatible with AirPrint, there are alternatives…

Some printer manufacturers have a suitable companion App that provides Print capabilities for mobile devices, often using a web-based print service. Others can print directly if the App supports other network printing protocols. By example, HP Printers use the HP Smart App, while some Canon printers are compatible with the Canon Print App.

You might also consider connecting a non-AirPrint printer to a PC or Mac computer - and install a “helper application” that allows the computer to emulate AirPrint capabilities; one such option is Readdle Printer Pro, for which suitable software for PC is available. A link to the PC software is included from this page:

https://readdle.com/printerpro

A further alternative is to consider installing a dedicated Print Server Appliance on your network - and connect your printer to this. One example is the Lantronix xPrintServer - although this will likely be more expensive than simply procuring a compatible AirPrint printer.

Nov 20, 2022 1:14 AM in response to TranAnhVu

Canon's TR8630a is an AirPrint printer (see the list here) so you don't need to install anything for your iPad to print to it - is this the printer you have?

Apple has a full set of instructions, if you need them, in the support document Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Turn on your printer, try printing and see if it works.

Hello, how do i connect my ipad to the cannon 8630 printer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.