Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old devices still listed. Can I delete them?

I just noticed that I have 3 iPad devices listed on Apple.com. 2 are no longer in use, should I delete those? The one I currently have is serial number G7****X7P.

Does it matter that old devices are still listed? Do they require any storage from my current use on my latest iPad Air or are they essentially dead?

Thank you, for your help.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 4:17 PM

If the devices remain in your possession, if you intend to use them again or pass them on to somebody else to reuse, you should erase and remove the associated Activation lock before removing the devices from your AppleID account.

The procedures are detailed in this support page:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Removal of the Activation Lock for each device will automatically remove the associated entry from your device list.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 4:17 PM in response to cayrho

If the devices remain in your possession, if you intend to use them again or pass them on to somebody else to reuse, you should erase and remove the associated Activation lock before removing the devices from your AppleID account.

The procedures are detailed in this support page:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Removal of the Activation Lock for each device will automatically remove the associated entry from your device list.

Old devices still listed. Can I delete them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.