Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add another email user on my iPad

My husband also uses my iPad including checking his email. He used to be able to open up his Yahoo email on my iPad but for some reason can’t access his email anymore. How can I restore his ability to check email on my iPad?

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 3:54 PM

Presumably your husband’s Yahoo email account is still configured in your Mail settings?

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your husband’s email account]

If the account is not present, re-add the account:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the account is present, be aware that in common with many other Mail providers, Yahoo now use App Passwords to secure access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of device, such as your iPad, may require a unique password to be generated from within the Yahoo account. This App password intentionally differs from the Yahoo account password - and can only be used to access Yahoo mail.

More information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 3:54 PM in response to Bistreaux

Presumably your husband’s Yahoo email account is still configured in your Mail settings?

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your husband’s email account]

If the account is not present, re-add the account:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the account is present, be aware that in common with many other Mail providers, Yahoo now use App Passwords to secure access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of device, such as your iPad, may require a unique password to be generated from within the Yahoo account. This App password intentionally differs from the Yahoo account password - and can only be used to access Yahoo mail.

More information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

How to add another email user on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.