Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Eliminate Spyware?

My iPad Pro running 15.7 has spyware on it. I have tried changing all my passwords, but the spy knows them immediately. My E-mail gets rerouted. Various sites I must sign into have been tampered with, but no large sums have been withdrawn from my bank account.

What do I do?

When I learned of the spyware and compromised passwords, I went out and bought a new MacBook Pro, but much information, including passwords, has been transferred from the iPad. Is it possible that the MacBook Pro has also been compromised?

I can think of three ways I may have been infected. The spy has a sense of humor as he has played cruel jokes on me.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 8:30 PM

Keith Edwards1 Said:

"How Do I Eliminate Spyware?"

-------

Restore to Factory Settings:

If you are so concerned, then restore your iPad to factory settings. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Backing Up Items:

Note that all downloads would be lost. So, make a note of Apps that were downloaded. Also, enable items in iCloud, so that all is backed up. As an example, here is how to backup Contacts...

I. Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

Is Contacts enabled in iCloud Settings? If not, then enable it, and see if it pops up. If so, then it is gone amongst all devices associated to your Apple ID. So, to enable it:

A. Enabling on an iPad:

Enable Contacts in iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

and...

B. Enable on a Mac:

Is Contacts enabled in Apple ID on your Mac? If not, enable it.

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID
  3. Enable: Contacts

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 8:30 PM in response to Keith Edwards1

Keith Edwards1 Said:

"How Do I Eliminate Spyware?"

-------

Restore to Factory Settings:

If you are so concerned, then restore your iPad to factory settings. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Backing Up Items:

Note that all downloads would be lost. So, make a note of Apps that were downloaded. Also, enable items in iCloud, so that all is backed up. As an example, here is how to backup Contacts...

I. Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

Is Contacts enabled in iCloud Settings? If not, then enable it, and see if it pops up. If so, then it is gone amongst all devices associated to your Apple ID. So, to enable it:

A. Enabling on an iPad:

Enable Contacts in iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

and...

B. Enable on a Mac:

Is Contacts enabled in Apple ID on your Mac? If not, enable it.

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID
  3. Enable: Contacts

How Do I Eliminate Spyware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.